Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Prayer For Jonathan

This is an original poem by me. 
Hope you like it.
This is an original. I wrote it myself and it won local recognition when I entered it in a contest.


A Prayer For Jonathan

Through all the pain and frustration and despair,
As I desperately struggle for a fresh breath of air.
I search and try to find my way,
Then the dawn rises on yet another lonely day.
I think, maybe this one will be better than the last,
Then I realize it's just a repeat of the past.
How do I go on living now that my hearts forgotten how to laugh?
How much more can I take before my soul breaks in half?
There has to be an answer, a way through this pain,
I've matched tears of sorrow for each drop of rain.
God, his name was Jonathan, and he was the love of my life,
But you called him home before he could make me his wife.
If I pray real hard by day and by night,
Will you lead me from my darkness and into your light?
The raw edges may fade and soften a bit, 
But, I'll hold on to the memories of his humor and wit.
Jonathan, just know that I love you and I always will,
Watch over me from Heaven and know that my love was real.
Goodbye my dear Jonathan, our time time was so sweet,
To love you and hold you was life's greatest treat.
Goodbye Jonathan, I love you.


Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment